Oct 14, 2011

Free Stuff for Your Downstairs Business!


I’m back and I’m ready to save money! Sorry for the whole missing in action thing. I was cultivating a relationship with a really awesome man (they do still exist in single serving!) and transitioning into a new job, blah, blah, blah, grown up words. On to the savings...

I signed up for JCPenney Rewards (you can too). This is not a credit card – just a rewards program. You earn points for purchases and the points add up to rewards. You must earn 250 in one month to earn $10. I will probably never do this. $250/month at JCP. Are they kidding?!? You get a bunch of points for signing up so it’s possible to reach 250 your first month pretty easily. Today I received two coupons – I don’t know why as I haven’t made any purchases this month. One coupon was for $10 off any Ambrielle bra and one was for a free Ambrielle panty. I’m a sucker for free panties. I have a pair (why are they called a pair?) from VS with little rhinestones that spell out “Bride”. I’ve never been a bride but you bet your sweet bippy I wear the free panty.

So I went to JCP during lunch and picked up my free seamless panty (normally $12), a bra on clearance (you can use the $10 off coupon on clearance items), the aforementioned bra’s matching clearance panty and a clearance tee. Grand total: $12.97.

I also learned a couple things:
(1) JCP corporate sends out coupons without informing their employees. If you are the first to use the coupon, they may not know what to do with it and may need to stare at it for a while and call other people over to stare at it. And they’ll most likely stare at you for a while too. You can try very sweetly asking them to just scan it and see if it works. They may listen. They may turn their stare into a scowl.
(2) The JCP lady who helped me does not know how to pronounce “Ambrielle”.

Interact with me! Do you correct other’s mispronunciations? Is it douche-y? Do you want to punch people in the ear-hole for things like that or do you think “gosh, thanks for helping me talk purdy”?

Original Prices: $ 80.00
Sale Prices: $ 34.97
Total Paid:$ 12.97
Total Savings: $ 67.03 or slightly over 83%

1 comment:

  1. Sweet knickers! I like how your making up your MIA status by posting your undies. It worked.

    I don't correct other's mispronunciations because I'm usually the one doing the mispronunciating. I also do the misspellings and misuse of words. Sometimes I just throw random words together and stare at people like they should understand what I'm saying. If I realize I'm totally butchering a conversation, I'll usually admit it and make fun of myself before anyone else gets a chance.

    ReplyDelete